Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Passion


One of the best examples I have for passion is my 9th grade basketball coach. He was also a teacher, even though I never had him as a teacher I can tell that he would be a good one. When he would coach our team he would be the first one to get on our ass if we did something wrong, he would yell and scream and make it a point that you obviously did something wrong. On the other hand if we made a good play on the court he would be the first one to clap and yell and you could tell you did something good because he would be the one yelling the loudest in the gym. His passion for our team was amazing, he would take us out for dinner and invite us to movies and go golfing with him.
 To this day I still talk to him and he still cares about some players on the team. In a basketball tournament if we didn’t get 1st or 2nd we wouldn’t be able to keep the trophies, some of the players and parents didn’t believe in this strategy. I bought into this strategy and now that I look back on it they were just trophies and they are just collecting dust in some closet in my house.
 He was so passionate about basketball and success with our team that he would go to many levels. He had passion for success and he had passion for his players and whom he coached. He would always tell his players that he loved them and that he cared about them more than anything and I think that is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment